It has been crazy these past few months. We moved into our new home, I worked full time for the holiday season, and celebrated our youngest’s 2nd birthday. Now it’s time to get back to working on this little blog of mine.
We’re getting pretty excited for Valentine’s Day at our house. So yesterday, I decided to do something fun with my kids while dad was out of the house. These mini Valentine’s Day donuts are so easy to put together, my kids understood what to do pretty quickly, and they’re 5 (almost) and 2. The best part, you only need 3 ingredients!
Package of Glazed (or plain) Mini Donuts – like Hostess or Little Debbie’s
Candy Melts – feel free to choose your favorite Valentine’s colors
Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- Dip your donut into a bowl of melted candy chocolate.
2. Let any extra candy melts drizzle off of your donut and set on a cooling rack.
3. Grab your favorite sprinkles (look how cute those hands are! I know this picture is pretty much unnecessary but it was too cute not to share).
4. Sprinkle your hearts desire on your donut.
5. Let your donuts sit and dry off for a little bit until the chocolate has hardened. And you’re all done!
Super easy and great to do with your kids. The only downside is the clean up. Like I predicted, the sprinkles got everywhere, but it was totally worth having them do something that didn’t involve sitting in front of the TV or iPad!
What a perfect gift to give away for Valentine’s Day too!