I have been wanting to make one of these Birthday Calendars for a long time, and I’ve finally done it! I had seen so many cute ideas on Pinterest, but was always worried I’d mess it up. You see, when it comes to painting on wood, I find a way to screw it up and then I’m done with that project. I never want to see it again basically. Although, I remembered something my super talented SIL and friend (Tammy & Liz) did last year and I absolutely loved it!
I wanted to create something just like that, but didn’t want to have to deal with a painting fiasco. So, I came up with a solution and a printable that you can use too. It is extremely easy and all you need is:
Picture Frame (make sure the surface is flat)
White Card Stock
Chalkboard tags + a small piece of string
Glue (Modge Podge)
1. Print out your background from the following options below.
2. On a separate sheet of paper, print out the “birthday cake” and cut those pieces out. (I’ve tried printing on glitter paper, and it did not work out well, so DON’T do it!)
3. Trace the “birthday cake” onto the back of the glitter paper and cut those pieces out.
4. Glue the glitter “birthday cake” pieces onto the background you printed out.
5. While you’re waiting for the glue to dry, hot glue your drawer knob at the bottom (center) of your picture frame.
6. Once everything is dry, stick the Birthday Cake Background into the frame and hang up your family & friend’s birthdays that you’ve written on the chalkboard tags onto the drawer knob and you’re done!
Polka Dots – 8×10: Blue | Navy | Violet | Purple | Mint | Pink | Light Pink | Green Salmon | Gray | Yellow | Black Stripes – 5×7: Blue | Navy | Violet | Purple | Mint | Pink | Light Pink | Green | Salmon Gray | Yellow | Black