The other day I invited my friend Kim over to help me with a popcorn creation for Halloween. It was super easy and fun to make, and let’s not forget to mention delish! We adapted this recipe from Chef in Training’s ‘Cookies and Cream Popcorn’ (which is also super good, you need to try that one too)!
It’s the perfect Halloween treat to whip up, wrap up and give to a friend. I’ve created two printables that go along with this treat. You can use a sandwich bag (6-1/2 in. x 5-7/8 in) and staple the tag over the baggie, or style it however you’d like and use the gift tag. Your friends will love the popcorn and the cute gift tags!
Don’t forget to check out Kim’s blog at Creations For Kylah! She is so talented and an awesome friend!
OREO MONSTER MUNCH RECIPE
1 Package Halloween Oreos finely crushed
1 Bag of microwavable popcorn
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 cup of white chocolate chips
Orange food coloring
1. Microwave the bag of popcorn according to the bag’s directions.
2. Lay out the popped popcorn on a cookie sheet with parchment/wax paper and remove any remaining kernels.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until melted (30 second intervals so as not to burn the chocolate). Once it’s melted, transfer the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag and cut a small piece off from the corner.
4. Drizzle half of the melted chocolate over the popcorn. Add half of the finely crushed Oreos over the popcorn and gently mix together until evenly distributed. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the popcorn and Oreos, then add the remaining Oreos and mix again.
5. Stick the cookie sheet into the fridge for a few minutes to let the chocolate cool (or in the freezer if you’re impatient like me) until the chocolate has solidified.
6. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until melted (30 second intervals). Once melted, add the orange food coloring and mix it together. Transfer to another ziploc bag and cut a small piece off from the corner.
7. Drizzle half of the melted white chocolate over the popcorn mix and gently mix. Stick in the fridge (or freezer) until it has cooled. Once it has solidified, then drizzle the remaining white chocolate over the popcorn and let it cool for the last time. Once it has cooled, it is ready to eat!
Monster Munch Baggie Tag – download here
Monster Munch Gift Tag – download here